Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota sienna: I have the problem of water leaks on both frotnt…

Customer Question
I have the problem of...
I have the problem of water leaks on both frotnt seats of my 03 sienna. I don't know where the water is coming form. Why could this be coming from?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/21/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 3 years ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Thanks for postingDoes it have a sliding roof?
Yes it has
The floor of the two front seat of my 2003 Toyota Sienna gets wet. I want to know the possible cause of this. I have removed the seats, rolled back the carpet and checked the floor drain points on the floor; the seals are in tack. I also poured water on
the screen and sun roof, and observed that no water I coming in from them. What is the action to be taken
Currently, the open roof is sealed and not in use
Thanks for the replyWater can still run into the drain channels even though the roof is closed, by 'sealed' d you mean it is sealed all around with water proof tape or some other material, how was it sealed?
Sealed all round with the gum used for mounting windscreen over a year ago and has not been any issues. I also suspected the windscreen or the sunroof, so when I rolled back the entire floor rug, I poured water severally on both the screen and the sunroof but there was no single drop of water into the car through them
Sometimes it takes a while for water to collect and drip down, does the headliner feel wet in the front on either side?
No, it did not
If the water is dipping on the front seats then it has to come from above, I'm afraid I have no logical explanation for you so I will have to opt out
Ok, thanks.
Actually the water leak is not on the front seat but front seat floor. Would not know whether it is coming from under or above. This happens especially when it rains and car is used on flooded roads