Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Toyota Corolla Sport: i have a toyota corolla 2009 and i need

Customer Question
i have a toyota corolla...
i have a toyota corolla 2009 and i need to fix the conrtol setting that moves it from the floor to the face for the ac. I took it to the dealership it was still under warranty but the guy said it was the cord or wire that connected to it that needed to be repaired. he didn't think it would be covered. I didn't have the money at the time to get it fixed, so the guy on his own moved the setting to the floor and face combo without asking me. I live in Arizona where this setting doesn't let my ac work as good to reach the back seats and takes awhile to cool off. I have small kids that ride in the back and this is unacceptable for them. Can u please tell me how to move the setting over to just hit the face or repair it completely on my own?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 day by:
6/22/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds like the clip that holds the outer housing of the cable that controls the doors to move to obtain the different positions has broken, or the outer housing has somehow come loose from the clip. The control cable is a 2- piece unit. The outer housing is secured at the control side so it does nto move. The inner wire is connected to the control knob. The other end of the control knob/wire is attached to the door position lever on the side of the heater box. Removing the heater/ac control assembly requires a substantial amount of work. If I were you, I would get under the dash and look at the heater box in under the center of the dash. On the side of the box there are white plastic levers that move when the knob is moved. If the wire is loose, broken, or the retention clip has failed, you should be able to manually move the levers to move the air where you want it to go. Then secure the positions by means of a nylon zip-tie.
Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert