Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Sienna: I found a blue square 12 v relay on the floor near…

Customer Question
I found a blue square...
I found a blue square 12 v relay on the floor near the driver's seat of my 2004 Toyota Sienna. Where does it go?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/19/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Toyota Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Toyota Mechanic
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.There are a number of Relays in this vehicle, located inside, some are Blue, Black, Gray or WhiteBest way to find out if this was even plugged in, is to check ALL Components to see what is NOT working.Please let me know what you find. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.
As I said in the original note, 12 volt, square, blue relay found near the driver seat. It fell from somewhere inside the cabin. Where is the most likely place it would fit. There is no empty socket right near the driver's side fuse box.
I can send a photo of the relay if you need me to.
Recently purchased this vehicle used. Most things seem to be working properly. Have not noticed anything malfunctioning.
Most things seem to be working properly. Have not noticed anything malfunctioning.
IF nothing is malfunctioning & everything works, then it is likely it was exchanged or left there.......
These Relays do not fall out, unless they are physically pulled loose
There is a Relay box on Driver side under Driver dash
Remove lower Dash Panel that is held on with a couple of screws on the bottom, then carefully pull lower Dash Panel off
Relays are behind the Fuse Panel
Toyota does NOT denote the "color" of the Relay.........
.
Hi Don,
I thought you might have a photo of the Toyota boards (re. color of relay). I just noticed that the console lights do not go on at night/when headlights are turned on. The knobs like fan and heat, plus the D, R, N on the shift should be backlit, right? Maybe this is what the relay is for. Have not yet had the time to take the panel off, we were very busy this weekend.
Thanks, Eric
, I thought you might have a photo of the Toyota boards (re. color of relay). ??As I posted above, Toyota does NOT denote the "color" of the RelayHere is what Toyota Showsre5 is Interior, behind Panelclick on Attachments below
197b8476-3273-46bd-b12b-...gif197b847...gif604dc991-15ca-4ec5-991a-...gif604dc99...gif7c8cb874-eaaa-4b1d-ae62-...gif7c8cb87...gif7920f440-f75e-4711-ba00-...gif7920f44...gifeb636c24-0ff2-4314-bb54-...gifeb636c2...gifa2d49fac-a462-474c-abc9-...gifa2d49fa...gif
Console back lights for h/v/ac knobs etc.?
.
???
what are you asking?
The above Attachments shows all locations of relays
.
Thank you for the schematics. That helps. As I asked in the previous question, which you did not answer,
Are the console knobs (fan, temp etc) and the letters on the shift (P, R, D N etc.) supposed to light up when the head lights are turned on or in the dark? If they should be lit, then that function is not working properly and might be where the relay goes. Although the schematic shows the relays, I don't know what "IG1 relay" or "PWR relay" mean. I'm guessing that PWR means power, but power to what?
.sorry.....I have no further info & will OPT OUT & RelistPlease do not Rate or reply to this, as it will Lock QuestionIF someone else has more info, they will post herethanks
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Toyota Mechanic