Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

TOYOTA T-100 SR5: Skyvisions We have a 1996 Toyota

Customer Question
Hello Skyvisions We have a 1996...
Hello Skyvisions
We have a 1996 Toyota T-100 4x4 ext cab V6 3.4 5vze engine. The engine we got with the truck was bad so we bought one from salvage yard from a 1996 4-runner that we was told would work in our truck. wE HAD TO CHANGE THE WIRING HARNESS FROM ORIGINAL ENGINE AND ALL OF THE SENSORS INCLUDING KNOCK SENSORS. THEN WE TRIED TO START AND IT WOULD START AND RUN 2 SECONDS THEN QUIT. wE HAVE TESTED EVERYTHING WE KNOW HOW TO INCLUDING THE EFI MAIN RELAY AND THE CIRCUT OPEN RELAY OFF VEHICLE AND CAN SPRAY FUEL MIST INTO INTAKE AND TRUCK WILL RUN AND FIRE . WE HAVE COME TO FUEL PUMP CIRCUT TEST. OUR DLC1 ON ENGINE WIRING HAS A PIN LABELED FP BUT NO WIRE IN IT wE DID A 95 MODEL TEST BY GOING TO CONTROL OPEN RELAY AND CKG FOR 12V @ GREEN AND YELLOW WIRE @ START AND HAVE NO POWER ON CRANK. wE HAVE CKD OIL PRESS INDICATOR AND SENDING UNIT AND BOTH ARE GOOD BUT WE HAVE NO OIL PRESSURE ON INDICATOR UPON CRANKING. WHILE CKG FOR BLOWN INST LIGHT BULBS WE FOUND A USA INST CLUSTER TIED T
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/18/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The Green and yellow wire at the Circuit Opening ("CO") relay will not have voltage in it. The computer uses thsi wire to provide a ground signal to the CO relay, which causes the coil to energize and draw the fuel pump circuit contact together. If the wiring is correct, you should have power present in two sockets at the CO relay with the key on. Power comes into the CO relay via the EFI relay (key on) and the starter relay (key in start position) This sounds like you either have a wiring problem or bad relays.
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician