Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

Good Morning, I have a 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I have

Customer Question

Good Morning, I have a 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I have 4 warnings "Check" VSC, Brake, Hybrid System, and 4wd. Car will start, but idles higher than normal, and ultimately will not drive at all. It has some cluster lights on also, check engine ect.
I pulled the battery out and put in on a charge for a half hour or so, during that time I hooked up another battery via cables to the leads with the same results. What do you think it might be?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for posting
Since the 'check engine' light is on this should be addressed first, the CEL will cause the other lights to turn on, would you be able to have the diagnostic codes read? Just the engine codes for now, then we can go from there, that may be all that's wrong with it, it could be something simple, by the way, most autoparts stores these days do a code read at no charge, then let me know what the code numbers are.
One thing you can do right now is to check under the hood for any loose hoses especially on or near the air filter housing, check to see that the gas cap is on tight, click it three times. Let me know how this goes. You can clear all codes by removing the EFI fuse or disconnecting the negative battery cable for about one minute.