Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Engine light and VSC light on

Customer Question
engine light and VSC light on
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/14/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 3 years ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Thanks for posting
The check engine light causes the VSC light to turn on, this system is disabled as long as the check engine light remains on. The cause for the check engine light must be determined first, most auto parts stores can connect their diagnostic reader to get some codes from the computer, they do this at no charge, the code numbers will help to diagnose the problem and recommend a repair. If the engine is running normally the problem is most likely caused by an emission control component, what you can do yourself at this time is to check under the hood for any hoses that may be disconnected from the air filter area, next make sure the gas cap is on tight. If this doesn't help I will need some code information to help further.
Thank You.