Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ok I have a 2010 tundra that will turn over and will not start...

Customer Question
I have replaced the fuel...
ok I have a 2010 tundra that will turn over and will not start... I have replaced the fuel pump it trys to but dies could it be the immobilizer the fuel pump cost 825 dollars ?????
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/10/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 3 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
See if the engine is flooded out with fuel due to possibly the old pump failing and trying to start with the new pump.Try holding your foot down on the gas pedal to the floor then crank over the engine.If it starts release your foot from the gas pedal right away.
If this does not work remove a few spark plugs and see if they are soaked with fuel.If they are clean or replace them and see if it starts then.If this does not work let me know so we can continue.
If the security/theft message/light is on steady after cranking over the engine or flashing at all let me know.
Thanks Pete
ok after work I will pull a few but I have changed to my other key still nothing ..the old key it would keep flashing new key I have to jiggle it but it will flash to .... is there a way to check or just by pass that immobilizer or reset it some how!!!!!!!!!!!
If it is flashing this is a security component at fault and doesn't sound to be the key itself since it occurs with both keys.I suspect the immobilizer is at fault electronically (the component that reads the key) as this can be common needing replaced.
Unfortunately I do not see or was able to locate any by pass procedure for this here.This will need diagnosed/tested further to verify the component at fault and then repair it from there.
Thanks Pete