Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Prius: , we have a check hybrid system message on a Prius.

Customer Question
Hi, we have a check...
Hi, we have a check hybrid system message on a Prius. we drove through very heavy rain near Denver yesterday and today the light is on but the car starts right up and and it seems fine. We need to drive 60 miles home and visit dealer tomorrow... Is that ok? What do you think?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/8/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. I see that you have been waiting a while for a response. I apologize for the delay
If the car is driving OK, you probably have an emission issue going on (loose gas cap, bad emission sensor, etc). As long as it is running ok, accelerating and braking OK, I would not think you will have a problem driving 60 miles tomorrow.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply
If not,
Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer
Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert