Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Sienna: I have replaced the sliding door exterior handle on

Customer Question

I have replaced the sliding door exterior handle on my 2005 Toyota Sienna but it does not engage. I found a video that mentions hooking a string over a lever but I can't see/find a lever to loop the string over. What does the lever look like? Is it possible that it fell down or moved from where it should be?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Most likely the lever which should be part of the latch has broken.I have seen this before and usually find it laying in the bottom of the door or stuck in a track in the door.Inspect and see if you can locate the broken component and see if it can be reinstalled and if it cannot most likely the latch itself will need replaced.
Thanks Pete