Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Sienna: I have replaced the sliding door exterior handle on…

Customer Question
I have replaced the sliding...
I have replaced the sliding door exterior handle on my 2005 Toyota Sienna but it does not engage. I found a video that mentions hooking a string over a lever but I can't see/find a lever to loop the string over. What does the lever look like? Is it possible that it fell down or moved from where it should be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 6 days by:
6/12/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Most likely the lever which should be part of the latch has broken.I have seen this before and usually find it laying in the bottom of the door or stuck in a track in the door.Inspect and see if you can locate the broken component and see if it can be reinstalled and if it cannot most likely the latch itself will need replaced.
Thanks Pete
Pete, Auto Service Technician