Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Celica: I have no power at my fuel pump and my EFI relay is

Customer Question
I have no power at...
I have no power at my fuel pump and my EFI relay is ok! What should I check next? I'm working without a owners manual. Any help I could get would be appreciated!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/5/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Did you check for malfunction codes that may be set in the computer? When you turn the key to the on position is the yellow check engine light illuminated? Do you have a voltmeter or a 12 V test light with a reasonable knowledge of how to use it? Do you have a wiring diagram? When you say the EFI relay is okay how do you know that? Does it click on while trying to start the vehicle? Did you check the circuit opening relay?
Where is the opening circuit located? I have swapped out EFI relay.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I do have a volt meter and know how to use it. Is the opening circuit relay next to the EFI relay?
standby
Which engine do you have?
2200.
2200 standard transmission!
The EFI relay is an of the fuse block of the hood the relay next that is the starter relay. The circuit opening relay is located underneath the center console just in front of the shifter the center console box and have to be removed to gain access to it when in the start position that relay should click on that supplies power to the fuel pump in the start position when the starter is released the relay is maintained by the engine control computer by turning on the second set of points in the circuit opening relay. Can you get this relay to click on at all? If so then the problem is between there and the fuel pump if the relay does not click on it's possible the computer is not turning it on the green wire with a red tracer going to the circuit opening relay is the wire that energizes the relay to the computer. The green wire with a red tracer should have 12 V coming out of the relay going over to the engine control computer. If you ground the green wire with a red tracer with the key in the on position the circuit opening relay should come on and the fuel pump should run. Do you have a yellow check engine light on with the key in the on position and have you checked for codes?
The light is on and I will.look for codes! Thank you for your help.
OK
Skyvisions
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician