Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Toyota Camry: 03 Camry 2.4 , some times starts fine and runs

Customer Question
03 Camry 2.4 , some...
03 Camry 2.4 , some times starts fine and runs good iithers times it won't start and gives codes P0341 P0351 P0352 P0353 and P0354, did change cam sensor codes still shows up
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/5/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
In the no start condition and the codes have been cleared prior to the no start condition do all for the exact same codes continue to come back together or does one code come back before the others?
Coil first 351 352 353 354
Is it currently in a no start condition right now?
Yes but some times it will start and run fine with no codes showing
It a 60/40 chance that it will start
I do have a code reader changed cam sensor but codes still shows up sometimes
The P0341 May be a false code. What I need you to do is disconnect one ignition coil at a time. Then try and start the car if the car starts up immediately once the coil is disconnected then reinstall that coil and see if the problem reoccurs. Usually what you find is one coil is failing on the primary circuit ground side it shorts out and takes down the entire system for the four primary sides of the ignition coils. Once you isolate which coil it is then replace that coil and you should be good to go there is a very good possibility that the cam sensor malfunction is being created by the primary circuit of the ignition coil failing and taken down the circuit because they share a common ground back to the computer. Let me how this goes. If this does not resolve then we can go from here. You'll need to disconnect one coil at a time until you isolate which coil it is. The only other option would be to replace all four coils. In a few rare circumstances I have seen where the wiring gets screwed up but that's extremely rare.
Skyvisions
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician