Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Hylander: Back door wont open and light inside car shows it

Customer Question
Back door wont open and...
Back door wont open and light inside car shows it open
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/5/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like an internal mechanical/electrical fault with the door latch itself,I have seen the latch fail before and cause the door to not open like this here as well as the switch/sensor that sends a signal that the door is opened or closed fail and keep the lights on as well as the door open signal activated.I would have this tested further to make sure this is the cause here and replaced as needed.
Thanks Pete
Pete, Auto Service Technician