Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Hylander: Back door wont open and light inside car shows it

Customer Question

Back door wont open and light inside car shows it open
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like an internal mechanical/electrical fault with the door latch itself,I have seen the latch fail before and cause the door to not open like this here as well as the switch/sensor that sends a signal that the door is opened or closed fail and keep the lights on as well as the door open signal activated.I would have this tested further to make sure this is the cause here and replaced as needed.
Thanks Pete