Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

CAMRY LE: 2003 TOYOTA CAMRY A/C LIGHT BLINKING. HAVE CHANGED

Customer Question
2003 TOYOTA CAMRY A/C LIGHT...
2003 TOYOTA CAMRY A/C LIGHT BLINKING. HAVE CHANGED THE RELAY TWICE NO CHANGE. HAVE PULLED ALL FREON OUT AND RECHARGED WITH CORRECT AMOUNT NEED HELP
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/2/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you.
The blinking light is being caused by the AC amplifier not reading a RPM signal from the compressor. This is a built in safety feature. If something would happen to the compressor which would cause it to seize up, the drive belt would snap. When the RPM sensor does not read RPM, it cuts the ground to the MG CL relay you replace. The RPM sensor inside the compressor keeps sending RPM pulses to the AC amplifier as it spins. As long as there is a RPM signal, the MG CL relay energizes.
There are 2 kinds of compressors. One with a removable RPM sensor, and the other is built in. Take your 17 digit vehicle identification number of the vehicle to a Toyota dealer parts dept and let them look the RPM sensor up for you. If the sensor is a separate unit you cna change it. If not, you will need to replace the compressor.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply
If you do not have any other questions, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.
Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer
THANKS
You are very welcome. Glad to help. A positive ratinbg would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again
Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert