Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota Avalon: 1999 Toyota Avalon - my air bag light is blinking?

Customer Question
1999 Toyota Avalon - my...
1999 Toyota Avalon - my air bag light is blinking? is this safe to drive?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/2/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Matt, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 years ago
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Hello
a blinking light means that the airbag system has a fault and is deactivated
so its safe to drive but wear your seat belt at all times as the airbag won't activate in an accident
To solve the issue you'll need to get the car plugged into a diagnostic device to pull off the fault code This is by far the fastest and easiest way to point to the issue
Hi
do you still need help?