Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Looking running light module and daytime running

Customer Question
looking for daytime running light...
looking for daytime running light module and daytime running light relay ,2001 toyota corolla ce
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/2/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 3 years ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Thanks for posting
The main DRL relay is mounted high above the glove box, the other one is in a small relay block under the hood, it is marked in the cover, I have never seen a problem with this one.
The relay under the dash usually burns out due to a ground problem so before replacing it make sure the ground wiring is good, here is a text from a previous answer I gave for this problem:
There is an electrical connector under the left side of the dash, it has a lot of white/black wires going in and out of it, it's down near the left kick panel and may be taped to another wire harness, it looks like a bunch of wires going in but none coming out the other end, the end has a cap type connector on it that connects all the wires to a couple of common body grounds. Remove the end cap of this connector and check for any corrosion and burned/ discolored wires, if you have a wiring diagram I can help identify the connector but it should be obvious because there is only one that looks like that. Another place to check is the fuse panel on the lower left of the dash check all the connectors going into it and look for any discolored brown/black ground wires. I have seen these cause the same problem you're describing, after the wires are repaired you may also have to replace the DRL relays, there are two of them.
I'm going to attach a picture of this wiring connecter in a few minutes and an illustration of the main relay location
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/3ksu8-98-toyota-corolla-daytime-running-light-switch.html##ixzz3bvpFiV7p
http://s28.postimg.org/yjgjfxv4t/02_corolla_drl_ground_plug.jpg
copy this address into your browser
http://s12.postimg.org/9xw32z9jx/large.jpg
please copy this one into your search bar for a location for the main DRL relay.
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech