Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Landcruiser: 2012 landcruiser battery change. dash is lite…

Customer Question
2012 landcruiser battery change. dash...
2012 landcruiser battery change. dash is lite up. red battery light on. wont start or even attempt to turn over
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/2/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
I do not have an answer to the problem yet
I feel the problem is related to a security system lock out.
Hi
If there is a OEM theft system issue. the theft light will be on or flashing fast while the key is in the run position. Is this what is noticed? Is there an aftermarket electronic on the vehicle that's an alarm, remote start, or immobilizer?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Chris, when the new battery is connected the dash lights up, including the red battery icon. The electric windows work. the door locks work. The green light in the push button ignition comes on when I depress the brake. I push the ignition button and nothing happens... nothing. No noise, no change in the lights in the dash. Now the little red security light does blink through this entire process, from the time I hook up the battery, at a steady rate. there is no after market security system. The vehicle, for the last year has had from time to time a tendency to fire off the alarm for no apparent reason. Mainly, at the office but it was doing this before the battery went dead.
I have locked and unlock the vehicle with the emergency key while the battery is hooked up. The key fob does nothing. Doesn't lock the doors or unlock them. battery in fob is good.
Called service dept at Toyota of Dallas their guys said changing a battery shouldn't create a lock out like this. Must be some other problem. My problem, I'm 50 miles from the nearest dealership where I am now. Good thing I have a work truck too.
Do you have access to a diagnostic tool to see which codes are stored?