Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have a customer that tried numerous times to start 2007 Camry…

Customer Question
Have a customer that tried...
Have a customer that tried numerous times to start 2007 Camry with non transponder key...I came out programmed key car still cranks no start and security light flashes twice then once per cycle....does immobilizer shut down for a length of time after repeatedly trying to start without transponder key
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
5/31/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Have you tried clearing the codes in the computer yet?
I cleared transponder code yes
And so now, when you insert the newly registered key into the ignition switch, the immobilizer light (round security light) still blinks?
It's the car symbol security light on top center of dash and it flashes twice then once with key in ignition light stays solid with key out
I see. It should not stay on but blink with the key out of the ignition switch. It should also stop blinking all together when you insert a correctly programmed key into the ignition switch so we can confirmed say that something went wrong with the programming. Have you tried to check for any new codes that may be stored now or have you tried the reprogramming process again? (reseeding)
Did all of the above and shows programming success and they tried cranking car constantly for two days with non transponder key.....
Code is b2793 cleared again still cranks no start
What shows programming success? It cant be the car computer because the car security light still blinks when it shouldn't. This indicates a problem with the key being used. Did you double check to make sure that you have the correct immobilizer key for this vehicle? I know there was a year split where at the base of the key head, one had a Dot mark and the other one had the letter G.
That specific code, per the Toyota repair system only lists one area as the cause of the problem---the key itself. Do you have another key to try and program?
I did 2 dot keys....I have no info on this being possible g key....I will try a G key and let you know....
I was perusing some aftermarket key sites and found this page...(page 547 -# ***** on lower right hand side)http://www.adusa.us/data/documents/18.14_Manual_Toyota-P.535-595.pdfThought it may be of some use but not sure.
G key not working either all my info is dot key only and my programmer is an advanced diagnostics
It looks like the Dot key is correct and not the G which is 5th gen. Have you tried a new Dot key? If you have and the problem still exists then the immobilizer ECU will be at fault here.
Yes made 2 dot keys....if they constantly cranked with non transponder key would that blow the ECU?
No, it would just set a code.
Is there a time frame it shuts down
No. It will just set a code and this can be easily cleared. Maybe the ECU was/is the problem from the beginning.
Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu