Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Tercel: My 96 toyota tercel bucks really bad on slight acceleration…

Customer Question
My 96 toyota tercel bucks...
My 96 toyota tercel bucks really bad on slight acceleration and deceleration. It feels like its going to stall or run out of gas even on a full tank. The problem was intermittent but its happening more often than not now. It's a manual transmission with 130k miles.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/1/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Hi. Yes I still need help. I feel like I've tried everything and I can't figure out what the problem is. Thanks
Hi
Are you behind on any maintenance steps?
Did any repairs done help?
Any warning lights on?
Was the fuel pressure checked with the concern occurring?
Based on what things are left from what you have done. Have you tried cleaning the fuel injectors?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Hello again. Maintenance is all up to date. None of the repairs have helped. I have a check engine light with code p0105 which is a map sensor code but none of the repairs helped at all. It keeps getting worse. And yes the fuel pressure was checked while it was happening. Thanks again
Did you try cleaning the fuel injectors?
Have you done the diag steps for this code or do you need those?
I've done the steps for a p0105 already and still nothing. I put a fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank the other day so I'm just waiting for it to run through still.
So you completed all the diagnostic steps for code 0105, cleared the code, and the code returned?
Yes and the code always returns. And I'm pretty sure the fuel system cleaner made its way all the way through by now and it's still riding the same.
There has to be a step you overlooked for this code to return, it has to be a bad MAP, wiring or computer. open the file below, are those the steps you did?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/96tercel0105.pdf