Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I just had some repair work done to my 2003 Toyota Highlander

Customer Question

I just had some repair work done to my 2003 Toyota Highlander front brakes, new starter, oil change, air filter change.
The Check engine light(s) was on , but the mechanic "cleared the codes" so when I picked the vehicle up from the shop there were no lights on-- but when I drove about two miles (or less) the VSC light went back on.
Is this a problem. I hate having to take it back yet agibn, but should I?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place... Is just the VSC light on, or did the Check Engine Light come back as well?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I asked that this request be canceled as I do not want to incur additional charges.

Thank you.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
My apologies. It came through as open on my side. I can close this for you. Have a great weekend!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Pleasecancel.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I am trying to decide , whether or how much money to put into an older vehicle a 2003 Toyota Highlander 230,000 milesProblems "1. AC doesn't work;
2. Sruts- shocks bad in rear;3. Put rebuilt transmission in at around 190,000 miles- does that need maintenance?Can you g ve an estimate as to how much these repairs might cost?