Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I just had some repair work done to my 2003 Toyota Highlander…

Customer Question
I just had some repair...
I just had some repair work done to my 2003 Toyota Highlander front brakes, new starter, oil change, air filter change.
The Check engine light(s) was on , but the mechanic "cleared the codes" so when I picked the vehicle up from the shop there were no lights on-- but when I drove about two miles (or less) the VSC light went back on.
Is this a problem. I hate having to take it back yet agibn, but should I?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
5/29/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Ron Z., - Toyota Tech - replied 2 years ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place... Is just the VSC light on, or did the Check Engine Light come back as well?

I asked that this request be canceled as I do not want to incur additional charges.

Thank you.

My apologies. It came through as open on my side. I can close this for you. Have a great weekend!

Pleasecancel.

Hi! I am trying to decide , whether or how much money to put into an older vehicle a 2003 Toyota Highlander 230,000 milesProblems "1. AC doesn't work;
2. Sruts- shocks bad in rear;3. Put rebuilt transmission in at around 190,000 miles- does that need maintenance?Can you g ve an estimate as to how much these repairs might cost?
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician