Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota prius: 2008 prius. When I started driving the whole…

Customer Question
2008 prius. When I started...

2008 prius. When I started driving the whole dash went blank. Audio and a/c panel works, all other electric works just the instrument panel completely out. Is there a fuse for that? Or what wlelse can it be? Also, it wont turn off.

Later: Never mind, I figured it out by going to an online forum. Its the "combination Meter", which is basically the whole electronic part of the dash. Apparently theres a warranty on this for 7 or 9 years. So it should still be under warranty

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
5/29/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 3 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The dash cluster is a common component to fail/act up like this here.I have seen several cause this before and had to have it replaced.The warranty coverage should cover this replacement or repair.I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.
Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete