Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota 4 Runner: Have a 92 Toyota 4 Runner with overheating…

Customer Question
Have a 92 Toyota 4...
Have a 92 Toyota 4 Runner with overheating problems
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
5/28/2015
Toyota Mechanic: SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.It doesn't sound like the coolant is circulating how it should.The impellers on the water pump could be worn causing this.I would remove the water pump and inspect it.
I suppose that is possible but in this case the water pump was replace about a year ago when the timing belt was replaced. In addition to the pump do you believe the block passages could have corrosion that would impede circulation? If so can the block be flushed and if so how. thanks
First I would use a block tester to make sure there are no exhaust gases in the cooling system.I have ran into the same problem before after taking heads to the machine shop.The heads were not machined right.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT (or 3-5 STARS) today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help you more.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating.
Thank you!David
SuperDave
SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician