Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Corolla: 2000 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl automatic. P0171 code. Cleaned

Customer Question
2000 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl...
2000 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl automatic. P0171 code. Cleaned MAF, Cleaned injectors. Scan tool shows both O2 sensors switching fine. At idle the fuel trims are perfect, but as soon as you give it throttle, the long term trim jumps to 35 - 39% Short term is normal. Checked for misfires, fuel pump pressure and vacuum leaks. All ok.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
How many miles and what is the compression?

164K and compression is 190 across the board

Did you check the Vacuum at idle (21 to 19 in.) is idle and when driving is the fuel pressure dropping below 30 psi under load? Are you 100% certain there are no vacuum leaks? Do you have access to an oscilloscope?
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician