Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota: My Toyota sequoia was going down the interstate and…

Customer Question
My Toyota sequoia was going...
My Toyota sequoia was going down the interstate and just quit running..I found that the ing 2 fuse was blown so I changed it soon as I turned the key on it popped it..was told the crank senser was bad so I replaced it still got same problem.Any suggestions ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
5/27/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 3 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This fuse powers the instrument cluster on the dash,the engine computer and the ignition components like ignition coils.Any of these can cause this fault here.You will have to disconnect each of these one at a time and install a new fuse until you locate the component that was shorting out the fuse then that component replaced.
I have seen the instrument cluster short out and cause this here as well as the ignition coils in some cases.
Thanks Pete