Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Corolla: 2009 corolla....after warming up 95 minutes or so)

Customer Question
2009 corolla....after warming up 95...
2009 corolla....after warming up 95 minutes or so) there is a ticking coming apparently from under the dash....it gets a little louder after time...sounds a little like a stereo speaker with a regular interference sound...the heater is off...the fan is off...the radio is off....we changed the fan speed, no difference....turned on and off the heater, no difference....could be from under the hood, but sounds like under the dash or fire wall...a mechanic checked it out and couldn't hear it...another mechanic heard it, but said he didn't know what it was, but absolutely nothing serious. Any idea what it could be...maybe a few guesses ???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
it's warming up 5 to 10 minutes - not 95 minutes
5/27/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In some cases I have seen where a heater/ac door actuator on the heater box can cause this fault if the motor is wandering somewhat and then hitting its end stop as it can click over and over at its end stop if it is still trying to move more.If the heater/ac door actuators were not checked this needs done.In some cases you can tell it is one of these actuators by trying to switch from hot to cold or cold to hot on the temp setting or from defrost to heat,vent etc.If the noise changes when this is done or goes away completely this indicates one of the actuators is at fault needing inspected and replaced.
Thanks Pete
Pete, Auto Service Technician