Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

Pickup: I have a 1980 pickup and neither headlight works. The

Customer Question

I have a 1980 pickup and neither headlight works. The parking lights work but no headlights. fuse is good and had the headlight tested, it is also good. Someone mentioned dimmer swutch could be bad??
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for posting
Are both high and low beams out on both sides, does the high beam work when pulling up on the switch?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both high and low out. Switch on column clicks but switching to high beams does nothing
Ok, it sounds like it may be the switch it either has no power going to it or it's bad, let me see if I can dig up a wiring diagram and get back to you, do you have a 12 volt test light available?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have voltage meter. Could it be the relay?
It could be, do you have another one to try, there should be one in the fuse box that is the same. I'm not sure until I look at a wiring diagram.