Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pickup: I have a 1980 pickup and neither headlight works. The…

Customer Question
I have a 1980 pickup...
I have a 1980 pickup and neither headlight works. The parking lights work but no headlights. fuse is good and had the headlight tested, it is also good. Someone mentioned dimmer swutch could be bad??
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
5/26/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 3 years ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Thanks for posting
Are both high and low beams out on both sides, does the high beam work when pulling up on the switch?
Both high and low out. Switch on column clicks but switching to high beams does nothing
Ok, it sounds like it may be the switch it either has no power going to it or it's bad, let me see if I can dig up a wiring diagram and get back to you, do you have a 12 volt test light available?
Yes I have voltage meter. Could it be the relay?
It could be, do you have another one to try, there should be one in the fuse box that is the same. I'm not sure until I look at a wiring diagram.
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech