Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I was close to buying a 2007 Toyota camry xle but I am now…

Customer Question
I was close to buying...
I was close to buying a 2007 Toyota camry xle but I am now reading horrible reviews about transmission issues im so confused
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
5/26/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 3 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you.
I run a Toyota dealership service department. The failure rate on 2007 Camrys is extremely low. They are, however, very susceptible to failure if you get the car stuck in snow and over rev the transmission.
Secondly, lack of proper maintenance can and will result in transmission problems.
All in all, this trans is pretty durable. I would not be overly concerned with stuff you read on the internet and other places.
Yes, we have replaced a few in the shop...however, the ones we replaced did not fail on their own due to design problems or anything that Toyota could have controlled...the failures were caused by the drivers.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply
If you do not have any other questions on this request, Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer