Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

TOYOTA AVALON: CHECK ENGINE/TRAC LIGHT ON. CODE P0001 ON STATES

Customer Question

CHECK ENGINE/TRAC LIGHT ON. CODE P0001 ON STATES FUEL VOLUME REGULATOR CIRCUIT IS OPEN WHAT NEXT?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
The P0001 is not a valid code for a 2011 Toyota Avalon. Can you re-check that code for me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
CODE COMES UP THE SAME EVERY TIME
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK. I will opt-out and forward you to another Tech that may better assist. Sit tight one sec... someone will be right with you...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Please allow me to assist in this request. I agree with my colleague that the code is invalid with the vehicle you specify. Additionally. The p0001 code is a "generic" code; this is usually displayed with a scanner that is either incompatible with your car or the scanner is faulty.
I would recommend another scan with a different scan tool. I doubt highly that the P0001 code will appear on a different scanner.
Additionally, this engine does not have a 'fuel volume regulator circuit' fitted. Toyota does not use such a device; that is why the code is not valid.