Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Tundra: Chris, I have a 07 tundra.I installed a trailer

Customer Question
Hi Chris, I have a...
Hi Chris, I have a 07 tundra.I installed a trailer brake controller. All lights work fine but the trailer brakes don't seem to be working. The tech at the RV dealer said that when he checked the controller with a plugin tester at the back of the truck the red light on the tester didn't come on when the brake was applied. My father had the same problem with his 07 tundra and the tech who fixed it said there was a wire or a relay that was not connected right in the passenger side.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
5/25/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
still need helpmartin
Hi
Open the file below
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/07tundralights.pdf
Can you verify power and ground and brake applied signal to the controller. Then apply the brakes and verify the trailer brake wire powers up at the controller. Then ohm test the trailer brake wire from the controller to the trailer connector in the rear to see if the wire is broken.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician