Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Highlander: amd. we have a 2010 Toyota tundra that is

Customer Question
hi amd. we have a 2010...
hi amd.
we have a 2010 Toyota tundra that is beeping continuously showing a door open light when driving. All doors are securely closed yet it beeps non stop driving us crazy. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Toyota
5/24/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
yes. need to know how to disable door open alarm as it rings constantly with all doors securely shut. thank you
Hi
Open the file below
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/10yundradoor%20ajra.pdf
We need to test the door ajar wires to the MAIN ECU to see which is grounded to know which switch is to blame or which switch wiring circuit is shorted. Can you do that with the prior diagrams on page 67
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
hi. Sorry I made a mistake. Car is a 2010 highlander. not sure if this makes difference
It does make a difference.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/10highlander.pdf
All inputs that end in TY are the courtesy lamp switches. Those wire need to be OHM tested to ground to see which is showing ajar.