Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Toyota Camry: My airbag light stays on in my 2004 Camry, I

Customer Question

My airbag light stays on in my 2004 Camry, I hit a pothole the light came on and won't go off. What should i check.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any way to read the SRS codes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
You can Pull the codes the old-fashioned way using a jumper wire in the diagnostic port under the left side of the instrument panel. Do you think that something you can do if I give you some directions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
In the illustration I've attached you will see the two pins that need to be jumpered. Use a small piece of speaker wire be careful not to damage the female pins. Insert the jumper wire turn the key to the on position and monitor the flash pattern of the SRS light. There will be a lot of lights flashing just focus on the SRS light. If there is a code 21 for example it will flash two times a slight pause then one flash. If there are additional codes they will follow it a two digit format. Post these code numbers back here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's fixed. Thanks. I no longer require your services for this. Fee paid services are not concluded. Thanks again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Services are now concluded. Thanks again.
You are welcome. Please help you to rate the information that I provided you at three or higher.