Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

AVALON: I have dual ac on my 2003 Avalon, but one side is cool

Customer Question

I have dual ac on my 2003 Avalon, but one side is cool to cold but the other side is warm. any ideas?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  I. Silva replied 2 years ago.
Hello...welcome and thank you for using justanswer.
If the cold side is the passenger side the most common problem when this happens is because the AC system is low on Freon
As the first step I would recommend checking your AC pressures using a dual AC gage monitor you would be able to check low and high sides of the system.
Anything around 45 on the low side and around 200 psi on the high side it is good.
Other possibility is bad door actuator ,once you have dual zone there are good chances of the actuator is not open the door for the warm side.
Good luck.
Let me know.
Thank you .