Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2003 Toyota tundra v-6, dealer want to charge me 1704.06

Customer Question
to replace the power steering...
I have a 2003 Toyota tundra v-6, dealer want to charge me 1704.06 to replace the power steering rack because of seals leaking, is this a good price
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
5/1/2015
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
The labor to replace the power steering rack assembly is about three hours give or take a little. Multiply that times your labor rate even at $100 an hour that's about $300. The power steering rack depending on where they're purchasing it from will run between $400 and $800. Even still that doesn't come close to $1700. I think that number is ***** high even for the dealership. Oil is cheap unless it's leaking severely I just keep adding oil at this point.
Skyvisions
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician