Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota Sienna XLE: I have a 1998 Toyota Sienna XLE for some…

I have a 1998 Toyota...
I have a 1998 Toyota Sienna XLE for some odd reason the anti theft went off today, and now my vehicle will not start. I have tried everything for unplugging the Anti Theft ECU, turning the key to on for 10 min. off for 5secs, repeat and the third time to on for 7 secs and then try to start and nothing. I do not have the key less entry for it and haven't since I got the vehicle in 2007. Do I need to get one at a toyota dealership and have it coded for my vehicle?
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/23/2014
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Toyota Service :

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you by discussing your request in further detail; thanks

Toyota Service :

Is this a factory anti-theft system? Thanks

Toyota Service :

I see that you are not online; I will check back in the morning to see if you still need assistance on this request

Customer:

Yes this is the factory theft deterrent

Toyota Service :

Thanks

Toyota Service :

Let's try this....the following is the 'back-up" procedure if one would lose the remote, or the battery would die inside the remote

Toyota Service :

get in the vehicle

Toyota Service :

put the key in the ignition

Toyota Service :

turn the key to ON (not to start, just till the instrument warning lights illuminate)

Toyota Service :

turn the key off

Toyota Service :

repeat 4 more times

Toyota Service :

on- off on- off on- off on- off on- off then try to start

Customer:

OK no go is there a way to completely disable the system. Or is there a kill switch somewhere on the vehicle that I am not aware of. We went to a Toyota dealership and a keyless entry programmed and all is almost $300.

Customer:

OK we got it tried the locking and unlocking of the passenger door with the door open and the system reset. Now my baby is running.

Toyota Service :

Glad you got your baby up and running. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

Customer:

.

Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert