Don Knight
Don Knight, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  40+ years all makes and modles
5784781

How much does it cost to change a timing belt on a 2006 Toyota

How much does it cost to change a timing belt on a 2006 Toyota solara?

Don Knight :

The labor guide calls for 3.0 hours.So at 100.00 per hour labor rate that would be $300 plus the parts.Since the belt does not cost $200 I think I would shop around for a better deal.

Customer:

Mechanic said that he would replace waterpump and timing belt for 550. The issue is that he said he was not charging me for the labor because my husband was painting his car. So question still remains how much is the actual timing belt and water pump now that he clarified his intentions.

If your mechanic is getting the parts from the dealer and they include the water pump,timing belt,timing belt idler pulleys and the tensioner all thoses parts will be around $500 plus the antifreeze.If you gets the parts after market they should run about $225 plus the antifreeze,which is about $15.I hope this clarifies any questions that you have.If you would like any more information please just get back to me and good luck with the repairs,Don