Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Toyotal Sienna XLE: Hi,I have a 2007 toyota seinna with

Hi, I have a 2007...

Hi, I have a 2007 toyota seinna with dual sliding doors. After removing the car battery the sliding doors are nolonger working. I suspect we ma have to re-initialise them. Could you please tell me the process for re-initialsing dual sliding doors? Thanks Lady XXX

8/12/2013
HighwayRepair
HighwayRepair, Auto Service Technician

HighwayRepair :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

JACUSTOMER-epob4i4x- :

hI,

HighwayRepair :

unfortunately re-initializing these doors is often times a struggle, originally the instructions were just to "open the door" with the key in the on position", then there was an intermediate and complicated set of instructions that "sometimes worked" the current steps come from a TSB and are as follows:

HighwayRepair :

Full Size Image

HighwayRepair :

that image will take a few seconds to load

HighwayRepair :

Initialization Procedure

1. Fully close the power sliding doors, if open.

2. Check that the power sliding doors fully open and fully close.

A. Check that the power sliding doors are unlocked. If NOT, press the transmitter switch or the door control switch.

B. Turn the ignition switch to the "IG-OFF" position.

C. Check that the power slide door main switch is in the "ON" position.

D. Check that the power sliding doors fully open and fully close by pushing the power slide door satellite switch, transmitter switch, or power slide control switch.

HighwayRepair :

Full Size Image

HighwayRepair :

There have also been issues with faulty door control modules failing to accept the initialization procedure

HighwayRepair :

if the procedure doesn't work, try it again a few times, if it still doesn't work I usually wait a few hours and try again, if still unable you may have a faulty door control module and may need it replaced at the dealer

JACUSTOMER-epob4i4x- :

Thanks I will try this and let you know if it works. However what am I to do with the diagram?

HighwayRepair :

were you able to see the picture? its just a picture of the buttons, mainly to help a person that is not familiar with the vehicle.

JACUSTOMER-epob4i4x- :

Thanks. So there is no need to discunnect the battery or anything?

HighwayRepair :

if you have any other questions or issues after trying it post them here and I will continue to advise.

Please take the time to rate my assistance as that is the only way I am compensated for my time.

HighwayRepair :

the original procedure that i was talking about requires a battery disconnect as step 1

HighwayRepair :

i can post it also if you'd like, but that procedure is a cluster, imo. try the one i listed above first

JACUSTOMER-epob4i4x- :

PLEASE do go ahead and post the procedure with the battery disconneciton and all that becasue I have actually tried the steps you mentioned but maybr not in the order listed ....

HighwayRepair :

secondary ( old) steps, try the above steps first:

1) Close both sliding doors completely.
2) Disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal, wait 60 seconds then reconnect it.
3) Turn the car key to the ON position, NOT run position ( engine should not be running) wait for 10 second.
4) Turn on the main power door switch, left side of the steering wheel, wait for 10 second.
5) Open sliding door electrically wait 3 second.
6) Close it electrically.
7) Repeat steps (5) and (6) 2 or 3 times. then turn on the vehicle and drive around the block ,stop the car open and close door to clear the warning light from the dashboard.

JACUSTOMER-epob4i4x- :

Thanks. I will try both procdures again in the order llisted and post the results to let you know..

HighwayRepair :

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX keep the tally of which procedure is working better. good luck

JACUSTOMER-epob4i4x- :

Bye for now.

HighwayRepair
HighwayRepair, Auto Service Technician
HighwayRepair
HighwayRepair
HighwayRepair, Auto Service Technician