Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Toyota Celica: I have just replaced the front and rear mounts

I have just replaced the...
I have just replaced the front and rear mounts on my 1995 Toyota Celica but the car still jerks when you put it in drive or reverse. Why is this happening
6/19/2013
kwiggins29059
This could be happening due to a misfire condition? Is the check engine light on and if so have you retrieved any diagnostic codes?

The check engine light doesn't come on at all.

I will opt out and see if any other experts have any thoughts. Someone will be with you shortly.

Ok. Thanks for your help.

hilltop4527
Hi I see you are having trouble. I will try to help. I would suspect the axles are worn. You can look at the rubber boots and see if they are busted. If they are this allows the grease to be slung out and water and dirt to get in and causes them to wear. If the boots are busted there is a good chance that they are worn and if the boots are not busted they could still be worn. You can usually tell by holding the cv joints and twisting the shaft while checking for excessive play. Thank you for using just answer.

This advice is helpful. I will have my mechanic look into it. Thank you so much.

Thank you for using just answer
hilltop4527
hilltop4527
hilltop4527
hilltop4527