Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

On the 2012 Camry LE I own: 1. the front air dam on the lower

On the 2012 Camry LE...
On the 2012 Camry LE I own:
1. the front air dam on the lower front bumper gets caught on any curb. I've measured the clearance, less than 10"!
2. the "skid plate" underneath the front has pulled away from the bumper & hangs partially
3. the screw holes on either side of the front bumper have broken repeatedly.
4. it appears that there are two plastic "flaps" in front of either wheel that hang even lower than the skid plate...are they
supposed to protect the FWD components?
Is there ANY solution to this incredibly bad design?
Thank you for any advice/solution.
6/14/2013
Ivan
Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Hello and good evening. Those shields are not meant for protection, but more for dirt, dust, and water control. Here is a partial solution. At the screw locations, use a large washer under the screw. That will give the screw more clamping power, especially if the eyelets are torn. For the rear areas, you can do the same. That also may allow for it to be tucked up a little higher. Let me know if you need anything further, I'll be happy to discuss this with you.

Your JA Expert,
Ivan
Ivan
Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Ivan
Ivan
Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician