AMD
AMD, Toyota Certified
Experience:  Master Automobile Technician L1 Advanced Level Specialist
65953032

toyota corolla: my 2001 toyota corolla dosnt want to start

my 2001 toyota corolla dosn't want to start only makes a one click noise, battery is good, starter is good, alternator is good, when i disconect the battery and put it back the car start rightup, can somebody tell me what needs to be done to fix dis problem please.
Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer to help you with your questions!

Is the one click noise coming from under the hood? If you have a single click from under the hood, this generally indicates a bad starter. Not sure how you came to the conclusion the starter was good, but I can pretty much guarantee it is time for it to be replaced.

When it does not want to start, you can usually tap the starter motor lightly with a hammer while someone holds the key in the crank position. This will usually make it fire right up. If so replace it.

Let me know what you come up with, or if I can further clarify anything for you. However, 99.9% chance by your description, your starter is failing and needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
my toyota corolla don't want to start, everything is good on it somebody told me to reset the computer by disconnecting one side of the battery and that solved the problem but that happen two times in two months so i need to know why this is happening.
Hello and thank you for trusting us with your Toyota question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Different expert here.

I agree with my colleagues answer on the starter. I think the starter is bad here. How was the starter tested?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i didn't tested it i just guest that is good. How can i test it?

That is very simple.

You will need a multimeter for this test. The starter will have 2 wires on it. one of them is connected with a nut and the other is a connector. disconnect the connector and put your red meter lead in that wire then connect your black meter lead on your negative battery terminal. then attempt to start the car if you have battery voltage which is 11-13 volts then replace your starter and you're done.

If you don't have a multimeter then when you hear the click noise go to your starter and put your hand on top of it and try to start the engine if you hear and feel the click from the starter then replace it.

Starters are common to go and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's the issue here in fact if your car was in my stall at the dealership and I hear the noise and feel it in the starter you'd already have gotten a new starter and the car would've been fixed.

Did you have any other questions for me today?
AMD, Toyota Certified
Experience: Master Automobile Technician L1 Advanced Level Specialist