Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. 25 yrs experience
11042942

Toyota Camry XLE: How do remove and replace front wheel hub/bearing

Customer Question

How do remove and replace front wheel hub/bearing on a 2005 toyota camry xle v6
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you trusting me with your question. My name is David and I will do my best to assist you with your Toyota problem.

Don't Forget, the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service, and not this website itself or your vehicle.
.
Remove the dust deflector and snap ring from the back side of the hub bearing before attempting to remove the hub with a puller. See images below.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do i need to remove the whole assymbly shown in figure 2&3 before snaping the lock.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.

It is best to remove the whole assembly. After removing the snap ring and using a puller to remove the hub, the bearing will have to be pressed out of the spindle. If you do not have access to a press, you can take the spindle to a local machine shop and they can press the bearing for you.

Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.

Please explain to me why you gave me a bad service rating. I have supplied all the info you requested. If you need more assistance, let me know. I will be glad to help further.