karrs2fix
karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master certified, L1,Iatn sponser,tech net training, automotive training group certificates
17741603

Toyota camry: inner tie rods 1998 camry

inner tie rods 1998 camry

karrs2fix :

Yes they are replaceable, as long as the rack is not leaking. Let me look into some further info

Customer:

take your time, im not seeing any leaking, just a little play in and out both sides

karrs2fix :

Yes you can do them , as long as you can get to the bellows boot retainer off and gain access to the inner tie rod . There is a tool that will slide over the rack rod once the outer tie rod end is off to loosen the inner. we quote 1.5 hrs a side.

Customer:

yeah i have a universal tierod tool. and im not doubting your good faith . but an hour and a half seems like a lot of time, chiltons call for 3 hours labor for the whole rack?

karrs2fix :

If you are going to do both, you and the boots are terrible to get moved you can quote 2.0 hours

karrs2fix :

Boots aren't terribble to move

Customer:

like i said, i trust yer good faith and proffessionalism. i just wnated to make sure befor i quote a price to customer. thanks

karrs2fix :

I understand. I don'

karrs2fix :

I don't know why labor guides have not been adjusted with inner tie rod times?

karrs2fix :

You can quote the rack option or the tie rod option and let them decide a direction

Customer:

yeah usuallly i know what to charge but i jus wanted be sure on this one. and i got the jitters when it would only quote whole rack and not tie rod ends

karrs2fix :

I know, labor guides are a joke on many things

Customer:

but anyway youve been a big help. thanks a bunch. im on here alot and hope to use you again in the futre. take care

karrs2fix :

no problem , just look me up. Thanks for using Just answer

karrs2fix :

have a good day, good luck with the sell

Customer:

thanks. you too