Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2002 toyota camry LE: has a valve cover gasket leak

My 2002 Toyota Camery LE has a valve cover gasket leak. How much will it cost to fix and is it worth fixing?? I went to a mechanic and he said that if I fix this leak another and another and another leak will happen in other sections of the motor and it may not be worth fixing?????
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX replace these ghaskets all the time, and replacing it wont cause other leaks at all, which motor do you have in this, the 4 cylinder or the V6?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have the V-6 engine.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
on the v-6, the valve cover gaskets are about 30 dollars and the labor to replace them is about 210 dollars, so to replac ehtese, you are looking at about 250 for parts and labor, this is a common leak on these and it will not make any other seal leak after replacing them,Tim