Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

98 toyota camry: a 2.2 4 cyl..p0420..catalyst..catalytic converter

i have a 98 toyota...
i have a 98 toyota camry with a 2.2 4 cyl, that has a p0420 code- catalyst efficiency below threshhold. i replaced the catalytic converter, and cleared the code. the same code is triggered again. both 02 sensors have been replaced also. any ideas?
10/17/2011
john
john, The Car Guy
Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. did you replace both converters? or just the rear?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto
Only replaced the cat below front seats, didn'know there was more than one. Could you send a picture of exhaust with the parts labeled? Thankyou P.S. broke a stud between head pipe and cat, seems to be quiet there though, flange behind cat appears to be leaking, small noise
there is one built on the exhaust manifold..Its a mnifold converter That is the one for the 420 codegraphic
john
john, The Car Guy
Thankyou will try that
john
john
john, The Car Guy