Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota Prius 2002 TOYOTA PIRUS CODE P3125 HAS INFO CODE 318

Customer Question

2002 TOYOTA PIRUS CODE P3125 HAS INFO CODE 318 HAVE WATER FLOW OFF AUXILLARY WATER PUMP CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WILL NOT CLEAR TEMP LIGHT ON TRIANGLE LIGHT ON
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer and allowing me to help you resolve your Toyota questions!

Are you an aftermarket repair shop? Was the inverter new from Toyota? Was the water pump new from Toyota? Do you have the ability to clear hybrid codes from the hybrid control unit computer? If you clear these codes and hybrid codes do they come right back every time?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes we are. No, it was a known good one from a junkyard. Yes we have a snap-on modis scanner. Yes it was an updated auxillary pump from Toyota. Sometimes it will not let us clear the codes and sometimes we can start it up with no codes and no master warning light. Our scanner shows -50 inverter temp, but master warning light comes on with an over heating light.

Okay, let me do some research I will get back to you within the hour with more information.
Are you 100% certain on the 318 information code? Are you 100% certain there are no hybrid codes set in the computer besides this one? Are the exact same codes there now that were there previous replacing the inverter? I am a little confused on what you referring to about the water flow auxiliary pump above why was it replaced? What are you using for a diagnostic tree for these particular codes as far as it goes to shop manuals?