cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

Toyota HiLux Surf Hi. The overdrive is not working on my Toyota

Hi. The overdrive is not working on my Toyota HiLux Surf, I just get the flashing "OD" light all the time.
Regards,
Steve
You need to have the overdrive solenoid tested,what usually happens is the transmission fluid becomes contaminated over time and the small particles from the clutch packs lodge in the overdrive solenoid as well as the shift solenoids. They are located inside the pan of the transmission attached to the valve body, the solenoids can be tested with a volt/ohm meter,but most likely they will need to be cleaned and reinstalled and replace the transmission filter and fluid to solve the problem, if not then the transmission will have to be repaired or rebuilt. If I have helped you kindly click ACCEPT so I can get credit for answering your question, thanks.