ToyoPro
ToyoPro, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  Master Technician, 17yrs Automotive Industry
48590959

Toyota Camry How do I replace the battery on the key remote

How do I replace the battery on the key remote for a 2001 Camry please?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  ToyoPro replied 6 years ago.

LexusPro :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will get back with you in just a second.

LexusPro :

There is a slot on the end of the key fob. Insert a small screwdriver and lightly twist to seperate the two halves. That will give you access to the battery compartment.

JACUSTOMER-b8mv0m45- :

There does not appear to be a slot at the end of the fob. There is a small groove running right around the fob, but inserting a screwdriver into that, and turning lightly does not open it

LexusPro :

Is your remote part of the key or a seperate fob?

JACUSTOMER-b8mv0m45- :

separate fob

LexusPro :

On the other end of the fob from where the key ring is there should be a slot. If it is equiped with the factory remote.

JACUSTOMER-b8mv0m45- :

sorry, there is no slot, just a continuous small groove that runs around the fob, except for where the key ring is where it appears to be solid. Looks like I might need to take it to a dealership?

LexusPro :

They will replace it for you for free at most dealerships, if you buy the battery it the parts department. They usually cost about $8 US.

JACUSTOMER-b8mv0m45- :

Thanks for your help. I will click accept in appreciation of your effort.

LexusPro :

Glad to help

JACUSTOMER-b8mv0m45- :

From discussion with LexusPro, who tried to help, I think I may have to visit a dealership to resolve the problem.

JACUSTOMER-b8mv0m45- :

I am happy to click accept in appreciation of the assistance he tried to provide, however, the system will not allow me to press the 'accept' button?

LexusPro :

Glad to help.

LexusPro :

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.