JHoop
JHoop, Toyota Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

whining noise coming from my engine on a cold start up..my truck

i have a 2005 double cab tundra.I had a p1442 code come up after i had a whining noise coming from my engine on a cold start up. it's been about 2 months and i haven't had it fixed. yesterday after work my truck seems like it has no power i can't get it above 50mph.now i have 5 codes coming up on it.p1442,p1445,p2440,p2445,p1444.my friend says it's probably the cadillac converter.he says it will make your engine bog down and also make the computer have false readings. has anyone came across this problem?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Those codes are all to do with the secondary air injection and that problem must be fixed first in order to diagnose a no power condition.

Also those code related failures can cause the CAT convertor to plug.

If you have any more questions or need any diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.

If you have a deposit but did not click ACCEPT you will STILL be charged if you do not request a refund by e-mailing [email protected] answer.com . Not clicking ACCEPT hurts the Techs that help you!

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Please remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
could you please send me a diagram. also do you think this is something toyota would have to fix or fairly easy for an individual?
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
I can send you the repair charts. A factory scanner is what is needed to fix this. ALL those codes are the same.

I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you.

If you need more help, please ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.