Arench
Arench, Master Technician
Experience:  30-years experience auto and truck repair.
13630601

1993 Toyota Camry: V6..radiator..steam from exhaust..Coolant leaking.

1993 Toyota Camry V6 LE Canada. Symptoms: Steam from radiator (leaking) and white smoke/steam from exhaust. Coolant leaking. Is this 100% a head gasket problem or could it be just be the leaking rad. Engine still runs smooth with plenty of acceleration. If its just the rad I can replace fairly cheaply but would probably not bother if it a blown head gasket. Any suggestions?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Arench replied 7 years ago.

Greetings From Arench!

It sounds like both. When a head gasket goes bad and is not repaired immediately the radiator and some times heater core then goes bad from being over pressurized by the leaking head gasket.

I would not replace the radiator until after the head gaskets are done.

If you want to limp along you might want to try a can of alumaseal to try and stop it up. It works sometimes for a short time.

graphic