Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

need vacuum routing for 87 celica gt-s w/ 3sGE motor. need…

Customer Question
need vacuum routing for '87...
need vacuum routing for '87 celica gt-s w/ 3sGE motor. need it to finish the car right.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/27/2010
Toyota Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

This is the diagram that is provided in my service information, look it over and let me know if this is what you need.

Click here

Thanks

George, thank you for this, but I already have this one. What I need is the rest of the damn vacuum lines that come off the intake plenum. Some go to somewhere in back of the motor tha t I haven't a clue where. another goes to my power stearing pump(???) never seen that one before, another goes to some vacuum sensor on the firewall that splits to my cruise control and vauum expansion tank. I'm not some dumn user when it comes to automotive, but this is beginning to piss me off. Thanks for the help.

[email protected]

Sorry but that is all that is available for your year/model in the way of vacuum diagrams.

This shows the functional diagram for the evap system and those are some of the hoses you are seeing.

Click here

I am not sure what you are seeing on the power steering pump, there was a vacuum switch used to idle up when you were at full lock with the steering but I don't have a diagram of the exact routing of that system.

If you can post a picture I may be able to find the routing for the steering or I will OPT OUT and maybe another tech has better info. Let me know what you want me to do

Hello, thank you for this but I already have these drawings. What I am looking for is the ones that control the rest of the damn things that come off the plenum. Starting with what I'm looking at. The Motor is a 3sGE with a T-VIS intake plenum. I don't know if it is the original or not, came that way when I got the car. Sorry, can't do pictures at this time. Maybe when the girlfriend gets home with the camera. I know that the brake port comes off the very end of the intake plenum with the Emissions on the right side, when looking at it from the front of the car. I know where the cold start injector is with the parts coming off of it. The fuel pressure vacuum port is in the lower middle below a control with three ports coming off of it with a turn type knob on the very top. This is screwed into the intake plenem with the top port going to a ?vacuum sensor? port on the firewall. The middle port goes soomewhere behind the intake and is out of sight with out pulling the whole motor to figure out what it is. The bottom port goes to the same sensor on the firewall but in a different port. Getting there the vacuum line gets sent thru a "T" fitting that goes a vacuum expander tank "not the vapor tank". and then gets sent to the cruise control base. the other end of this dissapears behind the the power stearing pump. Doing what is up for guess. Don't know for sure but this is what I'm trying to figure out. Another vacuum port is near the cold start injector going behind the intake out of sight. I think that one goes to the distributor or one of those sensors for advance. I think but can't tell for certain until I get the car started and back out of the gargae so I can hit it with pressure washer to see what is hiding behind the motor. Would like to get this fixed because I have already lost one fuel pumpand many days changing it to a new one along with everything else that is needed when doing it. I just want to meke sure that I have these damn lines going to where they belong. I have looked at the 3sGE motor on different years and none of them that I have found comes even close to the set up that I have on this one. Thank you for your time. I know how service manuals are. That is how I got the info that I have. I was hoping that a factory service manual or someone dealing with Toyota's would be able to give me more about where the rest of them goes..... Again thank you... I'll see if I can get picture sent over on it. [email protected]
OK then I will OPT OUT and wish you luck with it and maybe someone else can provide the information you need
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Refer to the comments back and forth between us will give you the answer. I'm just trying to finish my car and can't find the info I need to make sure it is done right.