Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1994 toyota camry: Front passenger wheel..Ive replaced wheel bearing…

Customer Question
Front passenger wheel has a...
Front passenger wheel has a slight wobble for a 1994 toyota camry.
I've replaced wheel bearing, tie rod, it had nissan rim replaced it with toyota rims (camry) even added spacers, little improvement but very slightly the wobble is still there when you manually turn it by hand, but JUST enough not to pass a WOF.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/25/2010
Toyota Mechanic: john, The Car Guy replied 8 years ago
john
john, The Car Guy
so it6 has play in the frt suspension?

Hi John

Not sure how u meant play in the front suspension. How does the suspension effect that wheel when jacked up to wobble? I did notice that I hadnt tighten the tie rod, and when I wiggled the wheel it sounded like I could hear it vibrating along that shaft of it, when I did tightened it, it eased off that wobble a fraction, but it wasnt enough still to get a WOF (warrant of fitness) in New Zealand. Its like you dont notice the wobbling with the tyre off, but when you got it on and try and tighten the nuts without damaging the studs and shake the wheel its there, could you add abit more about the suspension, please. thank you.

like a loose inner tie rod or a loose wheel bearing or ball joint

So your saying...even tho I've replaced the Tie Rod and bearing, all thats left is the suspension? Crickey!

there is still a inner tie rod, the steering gear, the control arm and the ball joint
john
john, The Car Guy
WOT!!...arrgh,...so youre saying have a look at each of these parts (Mentioned above)...of wear and tear, etc.......ohhh well, more things to stress me out, Thank you John.
No problem best of luck