Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

toyota: cant find my manual right now..is this a tire warning?

Customer Question
Hi, I have a warning...
Hi, I have a warning light on in my toyota and can't find my manual right now. It is just above the gas warning light and looks like a circle that is open on the top, flat on the bottom, and had an exclamation mark inside. is this a tire warning? If so, Is it just a pressure warning or does it mean I have an active leak? If not, then what else could it be? It is a 2007. Thanks.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Toyota
6/18/2010
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 8 years ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Yes that is the tire pressure warning light, one or more of the tires may be low so the first thing to do is to inflate all tires to 34psi, if one tire is low it should be checked for a nail or other object in the tread and repaired as necessary. Once the tires are all inflated the light will turn off by itself unless there is another problem with one of the tire pressure sensors, have any of the tires been recently replaced or repaired?
No, but I have noticed that my car does that periodically especially when the temperature fluctuates alot. I just couldn't remember if that was the light that came on last time. The last 5 days we have had 98 degree highs during the day with 20 degree temperature drops every day when storms come through. I wonder if that is the culprit? I know it has done it before, usually when it first starts getting cold in the winter. The thing I was worried about is about a month ago I fell off a shoulder with the right side of the car while coming around a curve and trying to avoid a deer. It was a really hard drop and I was afraid that damaged one of the tires, however, with the light coming on just today, that couldn't be it, could it? I will have to look for a nail. There is alot of construction in this area and we have picked up nails and such in the past.
Ok, thanks for the additional information, please check for any nails and check the tire pressures, if the light does not go off after all the tires are inflated then let me know and we'll go from there, the question will stay open until you can get back to me.